Monday, January 7, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!  I started Real Food the Real Way because I am passionate about food.  I'm even more passionate about real, whole, healthy foods.  I'm constantly posting pictures of foods I have prepared and various articles regarding gmo's (genetically modified organisms) and healthy eating on Facebook, so I decided to put everything here instead.  I'm hoping we can go on a journey together to healthier, better eating.

I would like to say...I'm not perfect when it comes to healthy eating.  I would say at this point, I get it right about 90% of the time.  I love to cook, but baking is my first love.  I LOVE cookies, brownies, ice cream...and I eat these things sometimes.  I just make sure that I make them from scratch, using as many organic ingredients as possible.  I make sure my family avoids gmo's at all costs...meaning when I do bake, I make sure the sugar I use is cane sugar and not derived from sugar beets (more on that later) and the ingredients I use are as healthy as they can be.  I've incorporated more whole grain flours, spelt flour, alternative sweeteners (honey, maple syrup), etc. into my baked goods with great results.  

My view for this blog is to educate my readers and learn new things for myself as I go along.  I will post pictures, recipes, food finds, articles, and whatever else my little heart desires. I hope you enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment